Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The eight week...

On Wednesday we had our last music lesson with Else-Marie. We started at 8.15 am and our first activity of the day was our dwarf performance. This was a lot of fun. I played a girl dwarf and Daniel played a troll. We were together in a huge forest and suddenly a ghost appeared between the trees. I hid myself behind a tree and Daniel fought with the ghost and killed it. At the end the ghost appeared again... The second activity was a game with names. We learned how to create several rhytms with our names. The third activity was creating a composition. This was more difficult but I liked it a lot. Else-Marie told us a story about a man dying in an old gravel pit. We had to choose instruments and create the atmosphere through music. The fourth activity was creating a composition by using a picture of animals. Else-Marie gave us a picture of a fox hiding in a forest and we had to invent a story of three episodes through music about this picture. Daniel and I worked together and we used several instruments like drums, the guitar, the flute, the piano, etc to create this. The fifth and last activity was a radio play. We had to work in small groups again and choose a story for children. I picked: 'Toothache'. This story is about a boy who loses his tooth after being pushed by a black stallion. We had to tell the story to the other groups and use instruments to illustrate it. (Like Peter and the wolf). Our lesson finished at 2 pm. I really loved this lesson. It was very interesting. I would like to do these activities later with my pupils.

In the afternoon I worked at school on the internet. I went back home at 5.30 pm and got ready to go to Thora. She invited us for dinner. We had a very nice evening all together. I went to bed at 11 pm.

On Thursday I got up at 7am and I met Manu at school at 9am. We worked on our thesis until 12 and afterwards I had another English lesson with Jette. We talked about how to remember new words and we also looked into several books and compared the vocabulary exercises. This was very interesting. The second part of the lesson was about "Extremely loud and incredibly close" by New York writer Jonathan Safran Foer. His novel deals with the terrorist attacks of September 11. The book is an example of contemporary post-modernisism. Foer brings a sensibility to this book. He uses type settings, spaces and even blank pages to give the book a visual dimension beyond the prose narrative. The book is written like a personal diary. The book's narrator is a nine-year-old boy named Oskar Schell. Two years before the story begins, Oskar loses his father on 9/11. In the story, Oskar discovers a key in a vase that belonged to his father. He is focused on the key and wants to discover what it opens. As if he would open a door and find his father behind it...

In the evening I stayed at home and I read in my book. I went to bed at 10 pm.

On Friday morning we met Torbjon to talk about our practise. He told us to think about Popper's idea and to pay attention to the framework of the school, the content of the lessons, our methodology, our aims and goals and the ability for learning. Finaly we talked about the evaluation of our practise. We should measure what the pupils can and can't do. We should look at the sings and effects of the pupils.

At 11 am we all left for an excursion to Sonderborg! Tim's brother, Stijn, and Lasse accompanied us. We firts visited the Sonderborg's Slot, a beautiful castle next to the sea. Lasse was our private guide, he showed us around. I loved the dancing hall.. It was a huge hall with candles on the walls.





Afterwards we took the car and went to Danfoss Universe, a scientific parc. Here we all felt like little children again! It was a great experience.. Through the activities we could learn more about the forces of nature, the world of science and the technologies that make our lives easier today.





We arrived back at Haderslev at 6 pm. I went home to eat something and at 9 pm we met again at the Friday café. We had a couple of drinks there and at around 11pm we went to Tribunen, another café in the centre of Haderslev. We had a very nice evening. I returned home at 00.30 am.

On Saturday I got up at 8 am and went to school to work on my weblog. At 11 am Stijn and Tim picked me up here and we went, together with the other erasmus students, to Kolding where we had lunch at Hannah Ulrik Neergaard's place, our literature teacher. We only had one lesson with her during the first week but we loved it. She invited us to have lunch, it was more than delicious, and to have a walk in Kolding. She showed us the centre with the shops and the new library. We had a wonderfull afternoon. At 3.30 pm Iva, Kate, Tim, Stijn and me went to the shopping centre outside Kolding. This is the biggest shopping centre in Denmark. But when we arrived there it was closed.. So we decided to return to Haderslev and to have dinner together. We all met at Kate's place and spent the evening there. I went to bed at 11 pm (actually it was already 12 pm with the changing of the hours... )


On Sunday I got up at 8 am and I went to school at 10 am to go on the internet. In the afternoon Iva, Kate and me met at 2.15 pm in front of the church to go to the football match. Tim, Daniel and Manu were playing. We stayed for 45 minutes.. Manu scored a goal and Tim hurt his knee.. Afterwards Iva and I went home and we read in our books. In the evening Daniel, Iva and me went to Kate's place to work on our presentation about "Extremely loud and incredibly close". We made snap shots.. I think our posters look great. I returned back home at 10 pm and went immediately to bed.. I was very tired.

No comments: