Monday, April 14, 2008

The eleventh week! Already... The third and last week of our practice.

Hi there!

The eleventh week has started already. On Monday we met each other in front of the church at 7.45 am. The first lesson of the day was a Danish lesson with Ann-Mari. They corrected last week's small dictation and read in small groups to each other. At 8.45 am we joined the morning prayers and at 9.OO am we observed an English lesson in the 4th grade. Else introduced a new chapter 'Invitations and parties'. She introduced the characters of the new chapter to the pupils and afterwards they listened to small dialogues about 'Rita' inviting her friends to her birthday party. From 10.10 am until 11 am we observed the 3rd grade in another English lesson. Else continued her lesson about the members of the family and the house. They sang a song together:'Grandma, grandpa, mother, dad, brothers, sisters, ...'. The last lesson of today was in the 7th grade. Here Iva, Sylvie and me taught the pupils about London. We started the lesson with a small crossword in which the word 'London' was hidden. Afterwards there was a brainstorming about London. What do you think of when you hear the word London? What does London represent to you? At the end of the lesson we showed the pupils a powerpoint presentation with some historical sites of London, the typical way of transportation (dubbeldeckers, cabs, the underground,...) and typical symbols of London (tea, biscuits, red phoneboxes,...). We were stressed for this first lesson and it didn't go as fluent as we had hoped but Else was very happy.

In the afternoon I went to school and worked on the internet. In the evening I watched a movie: 'The constant gardener'. I went to bed at 11 pm.

On Tuesday I got up at 7.30 am and we met Sylvie at 9.50 am in front of the church. We first observed a music lesson with Ann-Mari. The children practiced again for their musical, they danced and sang songs. The second lesson was a Danish lesson in which the children read to each other in small groups.

In the afternoon I went to school until 2 pm and then went home. At home I worked on my thesis and read in my book. In the evening I watched a movie 'Perfume' and I went to bed at around 10.30 pm. I was very tired.

On Wednesday we started the day with a small party in the 3rd grade with Ann-Mari! We made cake together and we played games with the children outside. The sun was shining all morning. We also learned them the song 'Old Mac Donald has a farm'. I am very sad to leave this class, we had a great time during these three weeks. I learned a lot and I loved the teacher Ann-Mari. She is the most friendly, motivated, warm and open teacher you can wish for. I am very happy that I got to know her.


In the 7th grade we continued the lesson about London. First we played a small game with the pupils as a small revision of what we did last time. Then we showed them a small video of Mister Bean meeting the queen. This was so funny... Afterwards we showed them a PowerPoint presentation about the royal family in England. The last 10 minutes of the lesson the pupils had some time to work on their project for Thursday.

In the afternoon I went to school and worked on the internet. In the evening I went to bed early to be fit for Thursday evening... The Crazy Dasy!

On Thursday we started the day by teaching in the 7th grade. Today the pupils had to present their project about London to us. Two groups presented a project about 'Harrods' and the others about 'The tower of London' and 'Madame Tussaud's'. It was really great. They all did a very good job. Because it was our last day was offered them chocolat biscuits. Afterwards we observed another English lesson in the 4th grade where they continued the lesson about 'Parties' and 'Houses'. Else showed them 10 houses and discribed them one after another. The pupils had to guess which house she was describing. At 11 am we observed an English lesson in the 3rd grade where they learned about the furniture in a house. The last 20 minutes of the lesson we played two games together: 'The stork has lost it's cap and the colour is ....' and 'Mime an animal'.

I had a great time at this school, I learned a lot and I loved the two teachers we followed. They are amazing teachers. This was an unforgetable experience.


In the afternoon I worked on the internet at school and at 5.30 pm we all met at Liddle to go shopping for our dinner on Friday. In the evening we watched a movie together and at 11 pm we went to the Crazy Daisy!

On Friday I got up at 8 and I went to school to work on my thesis. I stayed there until 3 pm and then went home. At 5 the other erasmus students came over at our place and we started cooking for our dinner that evening with the following guests guests Jette, Lasse, Christina, Mette, Carston and Thora. They all arrived at 7 pm and we had a delicious dinner. We made fish, meatballs with curry, rice, salade, couscous, chocolat mouse, e.g. . We had a great evening.. I went to bed at 2 am.





On Saturday I got up at 9 am and went to school again. I worked there until 2 pm. At 4 Daniel came over to record a story with me for my thesis (What father does is always right by Hans Christian Andersen). We had a lot of fun.. At 6 Tim and Manu came over and we had dinner together. In the evening we all went to Thora's birthday party.

On Sunday I got up at 8.30 and went to school. In the afternoon I worked at home on my thesis and in the evening I watched a movie.

No comments: