Monday, April 7, 2008

The tinth week! The second week of our practice...

Hi there!
On Monday we met at 7.45 am in front of the church for our second week of practice and we started the day with a Danish lesson in the 3rd grade. The children had to explain to each other what they did during their weekend. Afterwards they corrected last week's dictation and they read out loud to each other.


The second hour was an English lesson in the 4th grade. Here they continued their reading project.

The third hour was another English lesson, again in the 3rd grade. The pupils presented their houses to each other. Afterwards the teacher introduced the members of the family with little dolls.

The last lesson of today was another English lesson in the 7th grade. Here we watched a 10 minute presentation about Tanzania. One of the pupils lived there for 6 years. She told us about the main differences between Tanzania and Denmark. It was very interesting. The last 30 minutes of the lesson they continued their reading project.

In the afternoon I went to school to work on the internet and to call my family. I also worked on my thesis with Manu. I went for a walk at 4 pm and afterwards I went home and read in my book.

In the evening I listened to some music and I went to bed at 11 pm.

On Tuesday we only met at 9.55 am and started the day with a music lesson. The children sang several songs and they also practised their musical performance. This was really great and funny... Afterwards they could all choose an instrument and they played a small rock song. The second lesson we observed was another Danish lesson. The teacher asked the pupils about their free time and they read a text about a boy who spends all his free time on the computer and behind the television... Most children in the class admitted watching a lot of television themselves.



In the afternoon I went to school again to work on my thesis and in the evening I read in my book. I went to bed at 10.30 pm.

On Wednesday we got up early again and the first lesson started at 8 am. It was a Danish lesson with Ann-Mari. She is a great teacher.. During the first hour they discussed about the story they are reading (the characters, the place, the time, e.g.) and they sang a celebration song for Michael O. It was his 10th birthday today. At 8.45 three other classes joined us to do the morning prayers. We sang songs and prayed together. At 9 am the second lesson started, another Danish lesson. The pupils made a collage about their free time. We helped them and we had a lot of fun. At 10.10 am we went together with Else to the 7th grade where they continued their reading project.


In the afternoon I went to school until 1 pm where I worked on the internet. Afterwards I went for a walk in Haderslev, the weather was nice. In the evening Iva, Sylvie and me met to coninue the preperation of our three lesson for next week. I went to bed at 11 pm.

On Thursday we observed three English lessons with Else. The first lesson was from 8 am until 8.45 in the 7th grade. Here they continued their reading project. Today was the last day of the project. From 9 am until 9.45 am we showed Else our preperations about London for next week. She was happy with our work. From 10.10 am we observed the 4th grade where they also continued their reading project. The last hour was in the 3rd grade. They sang songs together (Itsy Spitsy Spider...) and presented their houses to each other.

In the afternoon I went to school and in the evening I watched a movie 'Little Miss Sunshine'... I went to bed at 11 pm.

On Friday we observed two Danish lessons. During the first hour the children went to the library to exchange their books. I had a look around and found many books by Hans Christian Andersen. During the second hour the pupils had a dictation and they read out loud to each other.



In the afternoon I went to school and worked on the internet. In the evening Sylvie and Manu came over and we watched 'Sense and Sensebility' after a novel by Jane Austen. I know this movie by heart.. Manu was a bit borred, it isn't really a boy's movie.. :-) After the movie we went downstairs to have a drink at Ras and I went to bed at 00.30 am.

On Saturday I got up at 9 am and I went to school at 11 am. I worked on my thesis and did some research on the internet. I returned back home at 2.30 pm and continued working there on my thesis. In the evening we were all invited at Thora's place for a 'movie evening'. We had a great evening all together. We watched 'Moulin Rouge' with Nicole Kidman and 'Save the last dance'. Both beautiful movies... I went to bed at 1 am.

On Sunday we all got up early because Thora and Lasse were waiting for us in front of Fakta to take us on a small 'Viking Tour' in the surroundings of Haderslev. We visited some Viking graves and an old mill in Torningvej: 'Torning Molle'. On our way we stopped at the 'Manège' ton have a look at Thora's horse. She was just so beautiful.. I went into the stable with her and she put her head on my shoulder. I loved this.. We returned back to Haderslev at noon and in the afternoon I went to school.



At 5 pm Iva and me went to Sylvie's apartment and we worked together on our lessons for next week aout London. In the evening I stayed at home and watched another movie: 'The Constant Gardener'.

No comments: